Sunday, January 23, 2005

Response from Lana Gordon

I wrote to my state House Rep, Lana Gordon, regarding the Marriage Amendment. She has voted against the Marriage Amendment before, but I tried again. Here is her--once again--disappointing response:

I really appreciate your comments. I can assure you that I do not take this vote lightly. I have done much research and soul searching to come to my decision.

I am in total agreement that marriage is the union of 1 man and 1 woman. I do not, in any way, support same sex marriage.

I believe that the Constitution was designed to limit the power of government and protect the rights of the people. I do not believe that changing our State's Constitution is the appropriate place to preserve the sanctity of marriage-that is why we have statutory laws. I strongly support the Kansas Defense of Marriage Act.

I share your concerns for family values-they are the foundation of our society. Although we view this from different perspectives, we share a common goal.

Thanks for writing-

Lana Gordon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home