Monday, December 26, 2005

The Prince of Peace

Merry Christmas! I hope you had a wonderful Christmas. I'm still in Christmas mode--taking the day off and enjoying the season for one more day...ok, I'm really cleaning up all the stuff now scattered all over the house. Ah well.

I've recently done some research for a work project on bloggers in New York City. Some of them are quite good and helpful at finding the best places to see and do in the Big Apple. Others, though, gave me a glimpse into the "dark side" of humanity. Mostly liberal-minded, these bloggers use snarky tones and all sorts of foul language as their common form of conversation.

During this season when we celebrate the birth of the Prince of Peace, it was obvious that these people know nothing of it. While these are likely the people attending peace marches and preaching against "hate" and "bigotry" I witnessed in their blog posts that they have no peace in their own lives and use both hate and bigotry in their own worldviews. They hate anyone who doesn't agree with their worldview.

It's so ironic...and sad.

The "War against Christmas" is a war against Christians. These people hate Christians and Christmas is just a convenient means to take a swipe at us. It IS ironic how that loathe Christianity so much, when it is based on the teachings of one who taught us to love and care for one another--to be peacemakers. These are values that liberals should be pursuing at all costs, so the only conclusion I can draw is that without a relationship with Jesus they are subject to a relationship with the darker spiritual nature of the world--blinding them to the truth.

I'm so thankful for the Prince of Peace in my life, and the Truth that helps me to guide my own life. Again, Merry Christmas!

1 Comments:

At 2:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you don't know what other people think, you only assume what fits your opinion.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home