Wednesday, May 04, 2005

The Monkey Debate

Sorry, it's been awhile since I've posted. I've been busy and, at the same time, there's not a lot going on to talk about.

That said, the evolution debate has begun again at the state board of ed.

Read the CNN article.

The one thing I'd like to see prevented as evolutionary theory of origins presented as FACT.

You can go through this blog for months and you'll find my thoughts on it repeatedly. Yes, everything adapts to its environment. Yada yada yada. But show me where one species has evolved into another species.

To me, it takes more faith to believe that all of the amazingly complex life forms on this planet (humans especially) developed from various types of pond scum than it does to believe in a Creator God. Call me crazy, but even if I didn't believe in God, I'd believe that we were placed here by a species from another planet before I'd buy the concept of mutating from species to species, somehow forming organs that work wonderfully and mysteriously (like the eyeball, for instance). How stupid.

I don't want our public schools teach religion, other than as a matter of historical fact (because they would undoubtedly screw it up), but you have to at least mention that another leading theory is that everything was designed by an intelligent creator.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home