Thursday, October 06, 2005

The Miers choice

During the past election I cared more about who would end up on the Supreme Court as the result of the presidential election than who sat in the White House. The High Court has probably had more of a direct impact on our culture, our country, and our lives than the man sitting in the White House. So I fought for George W. Bush and he has done OK I think...but he certainly has opted against a fight for me. He picked two fairly safe people who liberals can't jump on because neither of them has ever written anything exceptionally interesting on any of the hot button topics. They are blank slates that he didn't have to "go to the mattresses" for. We'll see. I'm disappointed because I wanted the fight. I wanted him to show some moxie. Some courage. FIGHT for the conservative cause and the long-standing impact on our culture and the protection of things we hold sacred that the Court holds in its hands. I hope and pray we'll be better off for his choices, but I'm sorely disappointed because he missed so many great opportunities with his choice of Miers. Janice Rogers Brown, Miguel Estrada--great minds with a great conservative record on the court. WORTH FIGHTING FOR!!

Mr. Bush, it's disappointing when you will fight so hard for Iraq but not for me--your base.

1 Comments:

At 8:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home