Thursday, March 03, 2005

Oh, woe...

I've been trying to play catch-up with my work stuff since my trip and haven't had time to blog...and RIGHT when my fellow Topekans vote to enshrine legal protections for men who have sex with men just as we do for African-Americans and minorities who can present actual cases of discrimination.

If I were a black man, geez I'd be hacked off right now.

If the Phelps clan weren't involved, I think we would have won that one and it wouldn't have even been close. Rather than voting their hearts and minds, they decided that they couldn't do anything that might just give Fred a reason to celebrate. Well, I've got news for you. He's more empowered now than he's ever been because now he's got more to complain about. And we've got a BAD law on the books folks!

Well, I'll keep my chin up. I have high hopes that the new city council will not be bringing more of that junk up for a vote anytime soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home