Thursday, March 17, 2005

Curt Schilling's Testimony

Read the Bosox pitcher's moving testimony of how he came to know Christ in Marvin Olasky's latest column on Townhall.com.

Excerpt:
He never talked publicly about the changes going on inside him, which he summarized over lunch in this way: "I no longer have the desire to hate anybody. ... I'm not sinning as much. ... I realize the lessons in everything, even losing, and can take away something about better preparation or the need for humility. ... It becomes a lot easier to live with yourself. ... I know now the difference between failure and non-success. ... You work as hard as you can with what God gives you. You fail only if you quit."
I think it's great that Schilling has become so open about his faith. Hopefully a lot of the kids (and adults) who admire his athletic ability will learn a thing or two about faith as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home